Gas Safety Certificates

Gas Safety Certificates

Do you require a Gas Safety Certificate?

It’s vital that all gas appliances are regularly checked. Regular maintenance can prevent gas leaks and stop carbon monoxide being released.

If you’re a homeowner, it’s recommended that you get all gas appliances, flues and pipework installed, regularly maintained and serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. You must ensure that all gas appliances within the property are working correctly and safely.

Therefore, every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance, whether it be a gas boiler, gas hob or even a gas fire, requires a Gas Safety Certificate.

These certificates can only be issued by a technician registered with the Gas Safe Register.

All Professional Hearting Services engineers are registered with the Gas Safe Register.

The engineer who carries out the check, will provide the Landlord or Homeowner with a Gas Safety Record (previously known as a certificate or a CP12).

The record will show:

If you’re a tenant

Your landlord must provide you with a copy of the Gas Safety Record for the property. They must provide a copy to each tenant within 28 days of the check.

So If you are in Berkshire, Surrey or Hampshire and require a Gas Safety check/certificate, please call us on 01344 301232 or email